Port/Transfer Mortgage

It’s common that the mortgage you’ll need for the new property will be larger, which isn’t an issue. Your lender will offer you what’s called a blend and extend. This is essentially a weighted average of the existing mortgage and interest rate and the new money required at a current mortgage rate.